Directions from the East Rand
- From the East Rand, get onto the Alberton Highway (R59)
- Travel down the Alberton Highway past the block House Garage Complex.
- Once you start nearing Vereeniging, there will be signs showing, Vereeniging, Sasolburg and Vanderbijlpark . You must take the Vanderbijlpark route
- Follow that and it will do a bend to the right
- It will then lead you onto a dual carriage way travelling West. You will pass the Bedworthpark Pick ‘n Pay on your left, it is the R42
- You will travel through a number of robots down this dual carriage way, until:
- You see a large robot intersection ahead of you, and there is a slip road to the left before the robots that says “Golden Highway/ Sasolburg”. Take this slip road R 57.
- You will be on another dual carriage way.
- The first off-ramp to the left has a large brown tourism sign indicating the way to Stonehaven on Vaal. There are about 4 more Stonehaven signs after that.
From Sandton & Johannesburg
- Take the M1 South. At the Uncle Charlies area, look out for the lane that indicates N1 Bloemfontein/ Kimberly- Take that lane. Do not take Vereeniging.
- The road has a few bends, but it very easliy leads you onto the N1 Highway. This is a most pleasant and well-maintained toll road Highway.
- You will travel for about 35minutes on this Highway before you enter the area detailed in the map. This will take you about another 10 minutes to Stonehaven.
- Within the last 2km, there are several brown Tourism signs- which indicate clearly how to get to Stonehaven on Vaal..